SHAZAM 1D3D MOVIE SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
1. NO PURCHASE OR USE OF MOBILE DEVICE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR USE OF MOBILE DEVICE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Shazam 1D3D Movie Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States and the District of Columbia who are 14 years of age and older, who are physically located and reside in the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States or District of Columbia at time of entry (the "Eligible Participants"). Void in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and where prohibited. Employees, directors and officers, and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), and their respective household members, of Shazam Entertainment Limited, its affiliates, subsidiaries, and divisions (collectively “Sponsor”), advertising and promotion agencies, Tenthwave Digital LLC (“Tenthwave”) and Columbia Tri-Star Marketing Group, Inc. (together with Sponsor and Tenthwave the “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible to enter. Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws.
3. SWEEPSTAKES TIMING/DESCRIPTION: The Sweepstakes begins at noon Pacific Time (PT) on February 10, 2013 and ends 11:59:59 PM PT on March 14, 2013 (the "Promotion Period"). One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received from Eligible Participants during the Promotion Period.
4. HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter this Sweepstakes: (1) via iPhone or Android Mobile Device (“via Mobile”) or (2) via email. IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE AND YOU WISH TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES VIA EMAIL, YOU MUST HAVE PERMISSION FROM A PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN. Via Mobile: To enter via Mobile, you must first download the Shazam application on your supported mobile devices (the “Shazam Application”). You may do so by visiting www.shazam.com using your mobile device. Click on the “Get Shazam” link and follow the instructions to complete the download of the Shazam Application to your mobile device. Once you have downloaded the Shazam application to your supported mobile device, you may enter the Sweepstakes as follows: To enter, you must successfully use your Shazam application by:
Once you have successfully used your Shazam application as described above, you will receive a direct link to a promotional landing page and opportunity to enter the Sweepstakes. You must first complete the field with your date of birth. Then click through to the Registration Page, where you will be asked to provide your first and last name, email address and agree to the Official Rules. When you complete and submit your Registration Form during the Promotion Period, you will receive one (1) Entry in the Sweepstakes. Mobile entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM PT on March 14, 2013 in order to be eligible. Limit one (1) entry per person/email address per day. Subsequent entries submitted per person/email address per day are void. Message and Data rates may apply. Shazam does not charge you for entry but other charges from your carrier/phone/data service provider may apply. Check your plan for details. Via E-mail: To enter the Sweepstakes by email, send an email to email@example.com with your name, address, city, state, ZIP code, date of birth, email address and daytime telephone number and the words “Shazam 1D3D Movie Sweepstakes” in the Subject line. Email entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM PT on March 14, 2013 in order to be eligible. LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON/EMAIL ADDRESS PER DAY, REGARDLESS OF METHOD OF ENTRY. Subsequent entries submitted per same person/email address per day are void. Entries that have been generated by a script, macro, bot or any other automated means will be deemed void. Entries that are mechanically reproduced, copied, illegible, incomplete, late, or inaccurate are void. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Proof of emailing does not constitute proof of delivery. Entries become the property of the Sponsor. Email entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor’s decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. If a dispute arises as to the identity of an entrant, it will be determined that the entry was submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address as stated on the entry. For these purposes, the authorized account holder is the natural person assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. The promotional Website’s database clock will be the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNER: One (1) potential Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing held at or about noon PT on March 18, 2013 by Sponsor from among all eligible entries received. Sponsor’s decisions are final on matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Potential Grand Prize winner will be sent notice by email and/or overnight or U.S. mail on or about March 18, 2013. Potential Grand Prize winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility/liability release and where legal, a publicity release, and a Federal and State tax release, and return these documents, properly executed, within forty-eight (48) hours via fax and within five (5) days via regular mail of issuance of notification. A prize will not be awarded/fulfilled until all such properly executed documents are returned. Non-compliance within this time frame or with the Official Rules, or if prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, will result in the entrant being disqualified, and the prize may be awarded to a potential alternate winner. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize and the Sponsor will randomly select an alternate winner from among the remaining eligible entries, time permitting. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will attempt to contact up to three (3) potential winners of a prize in accordance with the above procedure, after which the Grand Prize in question may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed. Additionally, the potential Grand Prize winner and guest may be required to submit to a background check. Such background check may include (but is not limited to) investigation of employment history, criminal or other arrest or conviction record, and any other factor deemed relevant by the Sponsor to help ensure that any potential Grand Prize winner will not, in the Sponsor’s’ sole discretion, bring Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on Sponsor. If requested, the potential Grand Prize winner agrees to sign waiver forms authorizing the release of personal and background information. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible mobile and email entries received. Successfully claimed prizes will be awarded. Grand Prize winner and guest or, if winner/guest is deemed a minor in his/her state or place of residence, parent/legal guardian of winner/guest, must sign a travel release prior to traveling. Guest of Grand Prize winner will also be required to sign a liability/publicity release prior to traveling. If the Grand Prize winner is a minor in his/her state or place of residence, then the person accompanying him/her on the winner’s trip must be his/her parent or legal guardian. If a travel guest is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor, he/she must be accompanied by his/her parent/legal guardian, and such person must pay his/her own expenses.
6. PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize: A trip for two (2) to the One Direction 3D Movie Premiere in a metropolitan city to be determined. Trip includes round-trip, coach, air transportation for the winner and one (1) guest from a major airport nearest the winner’s home, transportation to and from the airport (in home town and in city of premiere), transportation to and from the premiere, double occupancy hotel accommodations for two (2) nights in the city of the premiere, and $200 in spending cash (awarded in the form of a check). In the event that the premiere does not take place as planned, for whatever reason, including but not limited to, cancellation, scheduling conflicts or an event of force majeure, the winner will be provided a cash prize value of $2,000, which is comparable to total prize package, in lieu of prize. Approximate Retail Value: $2,000. Actual value of trip prize depends upon the city of departure, time of travel, any airfare fluctuations, and current market conditions at time of prize fulfillment. Any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value if any, will not be awarded. See “Travel Restrictions” section below for further information. Tickets awarded as part of a prize are subject to the terms and conditions stated on such tickets
Any other costs not specifically stated within these Official Rules and all taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prize may not be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize is unavailable at the time the prize is awarded.
Winner and guest must be able to travel on dates specified by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected, time permitting. Trip is subject to air/hotel availability and confirmation of reservations; certain travel restrictions and blackout dates may apply. The trip may not be combined with any other offer. Airline and flight times to be selected by Sponsor at its sole discretion. One or more stopovers may be required on air transportation. Winner and guest must travel together at the same time on the same itinerary. Air transportation, if applicable, and hotel accommodations must be taken together and cannot be taken separately. All travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor’s agent on a carrier of Sponsor’s choice. Once trip dates have been booked, no change, extension or substitution of trip dates is permitted, except at Sponsor's sole discretion. Winner must confirm available travel dates and flight times selected by the Sponsor at least one (1) week prior to travel dates. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers, certificates or similar items once they are in winner's possession, or in the possession of winner's guest. If the winner lives within 100 miles of prize destination city, the air transportation portion of the prize will not be awarded and ground transportation will be substituted and no additional compensation will be provided. Winner and guest must possess valid ID and are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary and required travel documents (passport, etc.) in order to travel. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage. Prize components cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer, and no portion may be separated except at Sponsor's sole discretion. Prize conditions may be added or modified by companies providing those portions of the prize. The prize restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive and may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions, which may be stated in the affidavit and release and/or prize travel documents. Costs for room and tax only based on one room with double occupancy; meals, telephone calls, baggage fees, and other incidentals are not included.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: ENTRANTS HEREBY AGREE TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, TENTHWAVE DIGITAL LLC AND COLUMBIA TRISTAR MARKETING GROUP, INC., THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, SHAREHOLDERS AND PRIZE PARTNERS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASEES”) FROM ANY CLAIMS, ACTIONS, INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; LOSS OF DATA, INCOME, OR PROFIT; LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY; AND CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES. ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT RELEASEES HAVE NOT MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE PRIZE AWARDED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, RELEASEES DO NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO ANY PROMOTIONAL WEB SITE AND RELEASEES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY INTERRUPTIONS OR ERRORS RELATED THERETO. THESE TERMS GIVE YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS.
Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, delayed, garbled, damaged, stolen or misdirected submissions, or problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic. Releasees are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, inability to access a mobile website, inability to submit an entry, or fraud, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions or inaccurate transcription of entry information, whether caused by Sponsor, users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions which may damage a user’s system or limit an Eligible Participant’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes. Releasees are not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, damaged or misdirected entries or mail. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play, or submission of entries, or should the Sweepstakes be unable to run as planned for any other reason, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate the Sweepstakes and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winners in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE MOBILE WEBSITE OR ANY MOBILE SERVICE RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES (INCLUDING THE SHAZAM APPLICATION) OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE RELEASEES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such term or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who violates the rules or interferes with the Sweepstakes in any manner. If an entrant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate such entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Sweepstakes. Any attempt by an individual to access any website associated with the Sweepstakes via a bot script or other brute force attack or any other unauthorized means will result in that individual’s IP address becoming ineligible. Use of automated entry devices or programs is prohibited.
9. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Eligible Participant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
10. WINNER’S LIST: For the name of the Grand Prize winner, available after June 1, 2013, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope by June 1, 2013 to: Shazam 1D3D Movie Sweepstakes, P. O. Box 997, Plainview, NY 11803-0997.
11. SPONSOR & ADMINISTRATOR: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Shazam Entertainment Limited, 26-28 Hammersmith Grove, London W6 7HA, United Kingdom. Administrator: Tenthwave Digital LLC, 35 Pinelawn Road, Suite 207W, Melville, NY 11747.
©Copyright 2013 Tenthwave Digital LLC. All rights reserved. Entrants may copy these Official Rules for the sole purpose of personal use and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever.