ONE KINGS LANE CHALLENGE: DESIGN IS NEVER DONE – CHALLENGE #2
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER AND WHO ARE PHYSICALLY LOCATED AND RESIDE IN THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ELIGIBILITY: One Kings Lane Challenge: Design Is Never Done - Challenge #2 (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age and older, have a Pinterest account, and who are physically located and reside in the fifty (50) United States or District of Columbia at the time of entry ("Eligible Participant"). Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited. Employees, directors and officers, and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), and their respective household members, of One Kings Lane, (“Sponsor”), its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, prize providers, and Tenthwave Digital LLC, are not eligible to enter. Contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws. U.S. law governs this Contest. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Pinterest.
2. CONTEST TIMING/DESCRIPTION: The Contest begins at 12:00:00 AM Pacific Time (PT) on November 5, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 PM PT on November 18, 2012 ("Contest Period I"). Entries will be judged by a panel of judges assigned by One Kings Lane from November 19, 2012 through November 29, 2012 (“Judging Period”) and the entrant with the top-scoring entry will be deemed a winner on or about December 1, 2012.
Entries that are copied, incomplete, late or inaccurate are void. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, damaged or misdirected entries. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The entry form will not be acknowledged or returned. Entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder associated with the username used to enter via Pinterest. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an account by Pinterest. A potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the Pinterest user name associated with the winning entry. The promotional website’s database clock will be the official timekeeping device for the Contest.
For greater certainty, if it is discovered that an Eligible Participant (or any person or entity purporting to be an Eligible Participant) has attempted to: (i) obtain more than one (1) Entry per person/email address during the Contest Period; and/or (ii) use (or attempt to use) multiple names, identities and/or more than one (1) email address to enter the Contest; then (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor) he/she may be disqualified from the Contest. Any Entry you submit will be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor) it is not completed and submitted during the Contest Period. Use (or attempted use) of multiple names, identities, email addresses and/or any automated system to enter or otherwise disrupt this Contest is prohibited and is grounds for disqualification by the Sponsor. All Entries are subject to verification at any time. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) to participate in this Contest. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification.
Entry must be in keeping with the Sponsor’s image, and may not be offensive, nor can it defame, or invade upon the publicity rights or privacy of any person or otherwise infringe upon any person or entity’s intellectual property, personal or proprietary rights, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Sponsor reserves all rights, including the right to edit, publish, use, adapt, modify, or dispose of any entry, proper names, likenesses, and photographs for advertising and promotional purposes in all media (including, but not limited to, the internet) without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
ALL ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANTS ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ALL ENTRY MATERIALS SUBMITTED IN CONNECTION WITH THIS CONTEST ARE SUBMITTED ON A NON-CONFIDENTIAL AND NON-PROPRIETARY BASIS.
SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT, AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION, TO REMOVE ANY ENTRY POSTED TO THE WEBSITE THAT THE SPONSOR FEELS IS INAPPROPRIATE, OBJECTIONABLE AND/OR INCONSISTENT WITH THE POSITIVE IMAGE AND/OR GOOD WILL IT WISHES TO PROMOTE IN THIS CONTEST. IF ENTRY IS REMOVED FROM THE WEBSITE BY SPONSOR, ENTRY MAY BE DISQUALIFIED AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF THE SPONSOR.
4. JUDGING PERIOD: DETERMINATION OF WINNER: All eligible entries received will be judged by a panel of expert judges based on the following criteria: (i) Originality & Creativity – 40%; (ii) Clarity of Expression – 30%; (iii) Appropriateness to Contest Theme 30%. Judging will be performed by a panel of judges under the supervision of One Kings Lane.
The entrant submitting the top scoring entry will be declared the Grand Prize winner, subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules. In the event of a tie, the Entries involved in the tie will be reviewed by an additional judge who will serve as a tiebreaker and who will evaluate the Entries according to the criteria listed above. Decision of judges is final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest. Grand Prize winner will be determined on or about November 20, 2012. The Entry of the Grand Prize winner, as-is or as may be edited by Sponsor, and/or the name and hometown of Grand Prize Winner, may be posted and made publicly available on the Sponsor’s website or Pinterest site. Decision of judges is final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential Grand Prize winner will be notified via email on or about December 7, 2012. Potential Grand Prize winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility/liability release and where legal, a publicity release, and will be required to sign a Federal and State tax release, and return these documents, properly executed, via fax within forty-eight (48) hours, and via overnight or US mail, within 5 days of issuance of notification. Non-compliance within this time frame, or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable, may result in the entrant being disqualified, and in such an event a prize will be awarded to a potential runner-up winner. Judges’ decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest.
6. PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize: A one thousand dollar ($1000.00) One Kings Lane shopping spree, to be awarded in the form of a One Kings Lane Gift Card. Gift Card not redeemable for cash on the One Kings Lane website and is subject to terms and conditions associated with One Kings Lane Gift Cards and one (1) Flowering Lotus Floor Lamp, Cream. Approximate Retail Value (ARV): $449..00. Total ARV of Grand Prize: $1,449.00
7. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: All taxes and any other costs not specifically stated within these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prize is not transferable and no substitutions or cash equivalents are permitted, except at the Sponsor sole discretion. Specifics of the Grand Prize are in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If the winner is 18 years of age but deemed a minor in his/her state or place of residence, prize will be awarded in the name of a parent or legal guardian. Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of prize. Gift card may be used only in conjunction with the terms and conditions on the OKL Site.
8. GRANT OF LICENSE: By entering the Contest, entrants grant Sponsor, its agents, subsidiaries and affiliates (the “Licensees”) a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable right to exercise the copyright, publicity, database rights and any other rights entrant has in the Entry, if any, in any media now known or hereafter devised (including without limitation, the internet), without any compensation.
10. By submitting a Contest Entry, Contest entrant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor may obtain many Contest Entries in connection with this Contest and/or other contests staged and/or promoted by the Sponsor, and that such Contest Entries may be similar or identical in theme, idea, format or other respects to other Contest Entries submitted in connection with this Contest and/or other contests sponsored by the Sponsor or submitted for other reasons or other materials developed by the Sponsor. Entrant waives any and all claims entrant may have had, may have, and/or may have in the future, that any Contest Entry and/or other works accepted, reviewed and/or used by the entrant may be similar to his/her Contest Entry, or that any compensation is due to entrant in connection with such Contest Entry or other works used by Sponsor. By submitting a Contest Entry, entrant hereby grants permission for the Contest Entry to be posted on the One Kings Lane website or other websites. Contest Entrant agrees that Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized use of Contest Entries by third parties. Released Parties do not guarantee the posting of any Contest Entry.
11.LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: ENTRANTS HEREBY AGREE TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, TENTHWAVE DIGITAL, THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, PRIZE SUPPLIERS, PINTEREST, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND SHAREHOLDERS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASEES”) FROM ANY CLAIMS, ACTIONS, LOSSES, LIABILITIES, COSTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ATTORNEYS’ FEES), INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (COLLECTIVELY, “CLAIMS”), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST OR ANY CLAIMS ARISING FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE AWARDED OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; LOSS OF DATA, INCOME, OR PROFIT; LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY; AND CLAIMS BROUGHT BY THIRD PARTIES. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT RELEASEES HAVE NOT MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE CONTEST OR THE PRIZE AWARDED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, RELEASEES DO NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE PROMOTIONAL WEB SITE AND RELEASEES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY INTERRUPTIONS OR ERRORS RELATED THERETO. Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, delayed, garbled, damaged, stolen or misdirected entries or submissions, or problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic. Releasees are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, inability to access a website, inability to submit an Entry , or fraud, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions or inaccurate transcription of entry information, whether caused by Sponsor, users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions or votes or which may damage a user’s system or limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Contest. Releases are not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, damaged, or misdirected entries. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend part or all of the Contest or modify these Official Rules at any time without notice. If in the judges’ opinion there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if any virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or integrity and proper play of the Contest or for any other reason in its sole discretion, Sponsor may void any entries they suspect are at issue and award a prize from among all non-suspect eligible entries received up to the date of cancellation. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR ANY ONLINE SERVICE RELATED TO THE CONTEST OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such term or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who violates the rules or interferes with the Contest in any manner. If an entrant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate such entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Contest. Any attempt by an individual to access any website associated with the Contest via a bot script or other brute force attack or any other unauthorized means will result in that individual’s IP address and all entries from that IP address becoming ineligible. Use of automated entry devices or programs is prohibited.
12. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
13. WINNER’S LIST: For the name (first name, last initial) of the Grand Prize winner, available after December 1, 2012, go to http://pinterest.com/onekingslane/designisneverdone.
14. SPONSOR & ADMINISTRATOR: The Sponsor of this Contest is One Kings Lane, 501 Second St, Suite 114 San Francisco, CA 94107. Administrator: Tenthwave Digital, LLC.35 Pinelawn Road, Suite 207W, Melville, NY 11747.
©Copyright 2012 Tenthwave Digital LLC. All rights reserved. Entrants may copy these Official Rules for the sole purpose of personal use and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever.